Tuesday 9 November 2010

Soulmate

Unhappy and discontent are states of mind to which I have become accustomed,
I would say that I don't merely tolerate them, but over time have grown to trust them.
Seemingly the pursuit of 'freedom' from the burdens of my mind,
Is the burden in itself that has not enabled me to find,
An escape from the oppression in which I impose upon myself,
Austerity successfully concealed within, with overwhelming stealth,
Tiresome, emasculating,
Incessant ruminating, contemplating.

I crave an outlet to convey emotion, an infatuation of my heart,
To replace my anxieties and so from discontentment depart,
Furtive seeking of that purposeful sense,
That the despondancy of not unearthing has become all too intense,
In turn going through the motions, mere existence and not living,
To do so with the gift of a life is undeniably unforgiving.

Alas giving in, throwing in the towell,
Casting a cynical eye upon the world,
A bitter, resentful scowl,
Resigned to the fact that this void may never be filled,
This chasm within my essence,
Corrupting my sense of being, stifling my presence.

And that ever elusive contentment to be secure with who I may be,
That long sought after yearning to be free,
I never understood what it was that could be missing,
Perhaps we shall be reacquainted one day to plan a future together and enjoy reminiscing,
About a previous life together to which we must have been a part,
For I refuse to believe that the intensity of the feelings I harbour,
Can only be the start.

It never occured to me for one moment, until acquainted with my fate,
That you were the missing component all along,
My completion.
My soulmate.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant as usual. Powerful and very present in the moment.

    ReplyDelete